Monday 15 August 2011

THOUGHTS TO KEEP ME GOING

Have you ever felt like life's been hard on you? That no matter what and how much you strive things just seem to not fall into place? I've been feeling that way all throughout my life. Well, yeah, I'm only 29 but I have my shares of ups and downs too like any other individual. Probably, not as major as what others have been through, but those were tough, trying times of my life. Family, friends/peers, school, work, (I can't say love life, 'coz I don't have that yet, in fact, never had any) or just simply, facing another chapter of my life like moving to a new place after 29 years of being just in my hometown, Bacolod City in the Philippines. 

You see, I moved here in Dubai last May 23, 2011 with my brother (he's been here since 2006) and that only means I need to settle for a new job, new friends and new environment. The job search was tough. Going under the 45 degrees heat of Dubai's sun will dry up every liquid in your body. I'm telling you, I've never sweat in my entire life in Bacolod like I've sweat here in Dubai. I've never imagined walking just one block will cost me almost 1 liter of sweat!! Well, probably I'm exaggerating. But hey, I am not a "sweater" but if you are, you'll probably say you lost 1 pail of sweat! *lol

Finding a job was one of the toughest because not finding one before your visit visa expires would mean I will have to exit somewhere in Kish Island, Muscat, or Qatar and stay there for 30 - 60 days until I could get another visit visa. If I could get a job before my visa expires, however, would mean that I will have to exit in either of those places I mentioned above and just come back to Dubai the same day or probably just a few hours after I landed and get my employment visa.

Life is tough. We all have our own share of hurdles. But what works best for me every time are prayers and reading motivational quotes. They just give me inspiration to keep me going and be not too emotional and depressed. So here it is, I would love to share them to you too. Read through and who knows? You might also get inspired by these quotes.x)



If others say you can't do it, then prove them wrong and work your way to it. That would be sweet revenge right?












 


































We all made mistakes. See? Even the greatest people in our history made a lot of mistakes (Edison & Einstein) but their works made a lot of significant changes in our world today. Be motivated. Be inspired by the people, things or even the situation you're in now. These obstacles will only make us stronger. God won't put us into something which He knows we can't bear. And whatever it is, God is there. He walks with us and will lift us up when we've fallen. So don't be afraid. Everything will just be fine. Prayer and faith is our greatest weapon and shield against all odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment